Well here goes,
What's driving your instruction?
Since this is my blog I get to answer first.
What's driving my instruction?
I could say it was to increase my knowledge base so I can make a bigger difference in the world but I'd rather be honest. What's really driving my instruction is first and foremost the intense need to validate my existence through my job, which includes knowing about all new iniatives, programs and fun things coming down the pike. I also like to be on the cutting edge of new technology but don't know how to go about learning it, using it (I still can't program the DVD player in my living room, and bought an uncompatible Guitar Hero game for my computer) Hopefully this excursion will give me more confidence and knowledge. Maybe along the way I will also make a bigger differnce in the world
Now, your turn. What's driving your instruction?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Interesting process. Can't wait to see what happens in the second blog.
ReplyDeleteWelcome aboard Wendy - isn't it fun trying to keep up with EVERYTHING? : )
ReplyDeleteI'm seeking the rush of new learning ... to engage and be engaged.
ReplyDeleteHas anyone worked much with Adobe Premiere Elements? I'm working through it by trial and much error. Currently I'm trying to use a green screen effect with ... um ... interesting results. Are there any gurus out there?
ReplyDeleteDid play with Movie Maker a lot in the past with my students. Much fun with animation and was happily surprised with results. But as usual, I tend to learn things the hard way and hit quite a few snags along the way as the students and I experimented our way through ...
like you, Wendy, I like to try and keep on top of things. As for driving your instruction, do you think that your enthusiasm for new learning and the excitment that comes with mastering technology is somewhat driving your instruction? It seems to me that the boost in self-confidence that you get from new learning is something you want to pass on to your students. I think that is also driving your instruction.
ReplyDelete